Hey there lovely people…hope you all had a wonderful valentine! Ours was just okay as I was down with my seasonal allergies. The month of February, in particular, is one of the most beautiful months with first half filled with love and the second half in preparing for spring. I am always excited for spring except the seasonal allergies it brings on me. The photo above was taken at Dallas Arboretum a few years back. It is a beautiful floral festival which runs from Feb to April and worth a weekend trip.
I am still down with a bit of a cough and cold, thanks to my seasonal allergies. I found out that half of the country is in a similar state. So, we are loading up on citrus and trying everything to boost our immunity. Those Meyer lemons grow in my backyard and in abundance. Grateful for such sweet little things in life! A friend also suggested taking local honey daily with warm water which greatly helps with seasonal allergies, which so far is helping me.
Anyway, A Few Things Lately is a monthly series where I share interesting stories and finds from around the web. Simply click on the fonts in gray to read the article that interests you. Get your cuppa tea or coffee, sit back, relax and read on.
Here are few fun links from around the web –
1. I have been a fan of fashion icon Iris Apfel since a long time now and this was an inspiring video about style. Whenever I feel I’m getting old and I should just stick to the classics now, this video inspires me. Remember the words ladies – EVERY ERA BUILDS CHARACTER. [Nowness.com]
2. I love everything about the Scottish designer Marc Jacobs. When it is him behind the runway, you better expect something unusual and that is what his 2016 fashion show had. I was just disappointed that he wasn’t wearing a skirt, I love love seeing him in a skirt. [Vogue.com]
3. Meditation has a lot of benefits, we all know that but sometimes you just can’t get those annoying people out of your mind. That is when you need an Honest Meditation. It really helps! Just watch the video, you will thank me later. [Jasonheadley.com]
4. A mysterious Islamic tribe where families often throw their daughters a divorce party, to let other men know they are available once more. Also, the men are expected to wear a veil in front of their mother in law. This was really mysterious! [Peacebenwilliams.com]
5. $1,500 and up for an Instagram sponsored post, now that is insane! Television is still the most powerful advertising medium I feel. But, in last few years, social media has made a lot of impact on busy professionals and young people, who has no time for television. The question is – how effective is this in terms of generating return on investment (ROI)? [Thehollywoodgossip.com]
6. My Kale & Cucumber Cups were featured on Barely Vegan’s Wednesday inspiration post. Barely Vegan is a website by Monique Starks, an Atlanta-based chef who features whole plant foods. She has tons of colorful and delicious looking vegan recipes if you like to check them out. [Barelyvegan.com]
7. I have always wondered at the fact of what an out-of-hospital birth would look like. This was something beautiful. [Huffingtonpost.com]
8. February is the month of love and out of all the stories I read, this one was amazing! A true story of a man who cycled all the way to Sweden to meet his love. [Thelogicalindian.com]