Smokey eye is great but what may work on the hazel eyes with light skin may not work on Indian dusky skin with dark brown eyes. The techniques and colors play a very important role when it comes to applying eye makeup. Even the color of the hair and eyebrows are important. If you are not careful with smokey eyes then you may end up looking like a raccoon. No kidding! I’ve had many such incidences early on when I did not know how to apply eye makeup properly. Over the years with trial and error and enough research I’ve learned a lot.
Here are some resources I put together for a friend of mine who has been asking about smokey eye makeup lately specifically the one that suits on Indian dark brown eyes. Thought I would share with you as well! Check out the video tutorials that are underlined and in gray font below. They are excellent, easy to follow and my absolute favorite.
- When I became serious about learning makeup, I did not want to blow my budget initially on expensive cosmetics so I started researching for drugstore makeup tutorials. I came across Emily Noel’s videos and THIS video on a $4 natural looking smokey eye was my absolutely favorite. Everything costs only $1 and I have worn that look with pretty much any outfit you can imagine. She is huge on Youtube and has amazing tutorials for drugstore makeup, I have learned so much from her.
- THIS video by a celebrity Bollywood make-up artist Mickey Contractor in collaboration with MAC cosmetics is my go-to guide for a really quick party smokey eye. It is bookmarked on my phone and I watch it over and over whenever I like to do smokey eye makeup.
- I love the practical and super easy tips by an Indian makeup artist Pallavi Simmons and learned so much from THIS video tutorial about smokey eyes.
- As I got more and more confident about my eye makeup, I decided to invest into the holy grail of eye makeup pallet – Urban Decay. You will not regret buying this, $54 for an eye pallet sure is high but you will be using it for a very long time.
- If you do not like to break your bank then THIS eye palette from Wet n wild is just $5 and my absolutely favorite. I still use it sometimes for my go-to eye makeup.
- If you like to see more then I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated just for smokey eyes. HERE is the direct link to my Pinterest board, you might have to log into your Pinterest account to access it.
Here’s a helpful tip – try to apply the eye makeup simultaneously while watching the video on your phone or on your computer. This helps a lot and you can learn faster and experiment with several looks that works best on you.
Hope you like the videos listed above. Let me know if you have any favorites that taught you a thing or two about smokey eyes!