After having a baby, we are constantly reminded by friends and family how important it is to take time out and pamper ourselves once in a while. Well, I took that advice seriously and decided to pamper myself (apart from a whole lot of pampering that I do on a regular basis) — this time with a monthly subscription box. I have been wanting to get a beauty subscription box since a long time but I wanted to be extremely selective. I loved Sephora’s box as it was curated around a specific theme every month and contains five deluxe-size products from makeup to skin care to a designer fragrance. For $10 a month, I did not have much to lose, worst case I will simply give it away to my makeup addict niece.
This is how the box arrived, compact enough to perfectly fit into my mailbox.
Every box comes with a Play! book that has more details about each product and instructions on how to use the product. I love that it has all sorts of tips and tricks and some useful information about the product that you can’t find anywhere online. It also has a Play! pass to receive 50 beauty insider points when you scan your card at the store per visit with your purchase.
Sephora Play! box for the month of December had the wonderful items below –
1. MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes waterproof eyeliner in black – It was a bit difficult to use at first but will come handy during summer months.
2. SMASHBOX Full Exposure Eye Shadow Duo – This by far is my favorite product, perfect for evening party makeup! The colors are gorgeous.
3. Dr. BRANDT SKINCARE PoreDermabrasion – I have only tried it on my hand yet and loved it.
4. FRESH Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil – Simply amazing, love how it smells.
5. NUDE SKINCARE Advanced Renewal Serum – Yet to try but I was impressed with the amount of sample which is sufficient for the entire week. Also, I am a total sucker for natural skincare products with less or no chemicals added to it. I am excited to try it!
6. VIKTOR & ROLF Flowerbomb – I already own one and have loved it since the time it came out 6 years back. I have even gifted it to few friends and they have loved it too.
Click here to see more details on each product for the month of December.
Last month in November was when I received my first Sephora box but I got a little lazy and couldn’t find the time to take photos. I have already started using the products and loving it so far.
1. MAKEUP FOREVER STEP 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer – Loved it, pretty hydrating and it is going in my travel bag.
2. BITE BEAUTY High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb – See the picture below. I was introduced to Bite lip pencils by a Sephora makeup artist last year when it was new in the market and I had picked this exact color “Rhubarb” and paid $24 for the full size. So, if you compare it with the size that came in the beauty box, it is pretty generous size. This was my most favorite product in the box.
3. BUXOM Full-On Lip Cream in Dolly – Love the color but not too crazy about plumping my lips.
4. SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil in Blue – Never tried blue before so excited to try and see how it looks.
5. JOSIE MARAN Argan Oil – After coconut oil, I am into Argan Oil phase so currently loving everything Argan.
6. STELLA MCCARTNEY Eau de Parfum STELLA – Absolutely loved it, I might buy the full size version of it.
Click here to see more details on each product for the month of November.
For makeup, I think the size is generous for $10 especially when we are talking about brands that are already established and have a cult following. I have bought travel sizes for makeup and skincare in the past for my carry-on luggage on the flight and trust me it is as expensive as buying the full-size products. What I didn’t like was the size of perfume, I really wish they had slightly bigger bottles.
So my thoughts on continuing Sephora box – ABSOLUTELY YES!
I am looking forward to the month of January already. I am also looking into subscribing Nature box for their wonderful snacks that I can stick in my handbag, Le Parcel for Ummm, read here and desperately looking for a subscription box for my first grader as she is the one who is more excited to get these boxes delivered with their cute packaging and goodies. A craft activity + a toy + a book + some yummy treats + a pair of clothes would be ideal for her every month and this would make a great box parents wouldn’t mind spending a little extra money on. What say?