At a recent party, I received tons of compliments for my hair which looked more shiny and bouncy compared to before. I told them about this easy hair mask for dry and frizzy hair that has helped me and since then my friends have been texting me to get the details. A colleague of mine even took me out for lunch because this mask literally saved her brittle hair. Every single one of them said they have been applying egg since a long time but with egg white and not just the egg yolk, which is perfectly OK but when you have extremely dry hair then it is best to cut out on egg white.
It’s just two ingredients but the technique of applying is different. I am a big fan of masks and I have tried so many for frizzy and dry hair from expensive ones to DIY’s and so far I have loved this one and have been applying it religiously every week since past few months now and the difference is pretty visible.
– Egg yolk from two large eggs
– 2 to 3 tbsp. olive oil
– Whisk 2 to 3 tbsp of olive oil and egg yolks in a small bowl till the mixture turns a little frothy.
– Use the proportions depending on the volume and size of your hair. Also, you can add a teaspoon of water to make the mixture thin and easy to apply. Keep the mixture thick and not watery.
– Massage it onto your scalp with fingers and leave it for 30 minutes. You can put the egg white in the remaining part of your hair avoiding scalp since egg white is full of protein.
– Cover your hair with a shower cap or just put an old towel covering your neck and shoulders.
– Shampoo and condition with regular warm water but not too hot.
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and healthy fats, it hydrates brittle hair and strengthens hair strands. Egg yolk is full of b-vitamins, it is considered as one of the best natural conditioner for hair, it softens and lubricates hair. It also strengthens hair follicles and roots and prevents hair loss.
The word of caution is that – try to use this mask on a day you are not planning to be in the middle of a lot of people. The smell usually goes away but for people with sensitive nose like me can smell it even after shampooing it twice and layering it with the most fragrant conditioner. The smell completely goes away in the second wash I swear.
This is one powerful hair mask found right in your kitchen, it can’t get any better than this. Hope this recipe works for you just the way it has worked for me! For the leftover egg whites, check out my DIY face mask for skin tightening.