Just a few hours left for the day of love to begin. There is a whole day dedicated to this beautiful emotion, isn’t it amazing? Time to break out everything red there is in your closet and make those fancy candle light reservations! Everything seems so colorful and happy except if you’ve recently been single, for those lucky ones (wink), thankfully there’s Rebel Wilson & Dakota Johnson. Who’s watching the movie – How to be single?
For us, there’s really nothing fancy but on a special occasion we love to catch up with some of our favorite restaurants in the city for dinner.
So, Why is this love stuff so difficult? It is believed that romantic love, which is linked to euphoria and excitement only lasts about a year. After that first romantic stage begins the committed love stage with dependency, comfort, convenience etc. A couple goes through several different stages of physical and emotional changes during the time when they are together.
Do you know that the act of falling in love is known to have a calming effect on your body and mind? It raises the level of nerve growth for about a year which is extremely important for a healthy mind and body. Also, cuddling with your partner for a longer time is known to release natural painkillers. That is the reason we immediately reach out and give a hug to a person who is going through a difficult time. When you cuddle, your brain releases oxytocin, which is known as a cuddle hormone in non-medical language. Oxytocin helps decrease headaches and can help the pain go away for up to 4 hours. So if you are tired, stressed or in any kind of pain, just cuddle.
In past few months I came across many weird facts about love and some of them totally made sense, here are few interesting ones –
- Couples personalities converge over the period of time to make the partner more and more similar. There are a number of things gradually change to become similar or develop something in common.
- When you are attracted to someone, your mouth automatically feels dry and that increases the feeling of kissing.
- On average a person will spend up to two weeks kissing in his/her lifetime.
- Men who have pets appear more open to commitment, seeming more relaxed, approachable and happy.
- One of the main reasons why we are attracted to “opposites” is because we desire a trait we don’t possess.
- Dim light or darkness makes people feel less inhibited. Couples are more likely to show affection and talk more when they are in a dimly lit room. That is the reason why candle light dinner is the most romantic dinner.
- If you have a first date with someone, a good way to know his or her personality is to pay attention to what they laugh at. It says a lot about them.
- You can actually be in love with two people at the same time but not at the same level and intensity.
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for almost every emotional pain.
Are you attracted to someone and desperately want to make him/her fall in love with you, here’s a trick I read few years back. A research was conducted by UC Berkley student Arthur Aron on several couples – The experiment was to reveal intimate details about their lives for 30 minutes and then stare into each other’s eyes for at least 4 minutes. Once the experiment was finished, nearly all of the couples felt deeply attracted to each other and one of the couples also got married following the experiment. So, start talking about your most intimate details followed by staring, just be careful not to get slapped if someone is not interested.
And finally, don’t forget to celebrate love not just on this day but every single day and every single chance that you get. It only makes you better mentally and physically. I have noticed that people in love are generally happy, kind and secure about themselves. It doesn’t always have to be fancy or expensive, maybe a flower from your backyard and a handwritten note with few beautiful words will be enough to convey the message that you care enough to take time and say that you matter and that I love you with all my heart. So my friend, just love!
Happy Valentine’s day Y’all!