If you are still unfamiliar with the entire subscription box trend in 2016, here is an excellent article for you by CNN Money. Give it a try if you are interested in trying new products for one-fourth of the market price just for few months. Also, subscription boxes make the best Valentine’s day gift for your loved one or for yourself.
For Sephora box, they still have the wait-list but I was waitlisted for only one month, which wasn’t that bad. This is my third box and I’ve been loving it so far.
So, for the month of January, the theme is – No Appointment Necessary. The main idea behind this month’s box is the at-home D.I.Y treatment.
Play! By Sephora box for January contains —
1. LIVING PROOF Prime Style Extender Spray – I tried this hairspray yesterday after washing my hair and loved it. It creates a lightweight shield around hair which helps hairstyle last twice as long. Perfect size to keep in my travel kit.
2. Dr. BRANDT SKINCARE Needles No More – I have read good things about this cream which relaxes the look of wrinkles and fine lines. But I don’t think I need one such a strong one as of now so I’m saving this for my aunt who has been wanting to try it for a long time. The full size costs $89, and as per the reviews it has worked for some and hasn’t worked for a few but one thing consistently mentioned was that it does not break out your skin so doesn’t hurt in trying.
3. CLINIQUE Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight – I’ve always wanted to try strobing which is much easier compared to contouring. This chubby stick did not disappoint. I loved it as it is very subtle and makes my skin look great in photos. I’m in love with this product.
4. SEPHORA COLLECTION Rose Eye Mask – I have used Sephora eye masks before and was not impressed. They were just okay! The only eye mask that I’ve actually loved so far are the DIY ones that I make at home using natural ingredients and SK-II masks when I’m travelling. I’m not a big fan of expensive masks unless it really delivers and the SK-II masks definitely does.
5. DR. DENNIS GROSS Original Peel – This two-step facial peel includes exfoliators and retinol for brighter, younger-looking skin. I am excited to try it but first I always do a patch test on my neck and wait for 24 hours for any reaction. It has already been 12 hours so far and no reaction so I will be trying this peel tonight! UPDATE: After much apprehension, I finally finished the three day peel process suggested on the packet and the results were average. I did see slight difference in my skin but it wasn’t anything major that was promised on the packaging. There was no reaction on my skin. I usually don’t get reactions because I am always careful to use the products at night before sleeping and wear a heavy dose of SPF the next day, which is very important when you use chemicals on your face especially retinol. I was expecting it to shrink my pores, which says on the packet and I did not see the result. You know what works – egg white. Just simple plain egg white for 15 minutes and nothing else.
6. TOCCA BEAUTY Isabel – Tried it for the first time and absolutely loved this perfume. This is my third box and so far every single perfume sample is amazing. These babies are going in each of my handbags.
Click here to see more details on each product for the month of January.
The star product which I was most excited to receive this week was the Clinique chubby stick. Also, loved its quantity as you only need just a little product on the areas you want to highlight.
If you like to read the reviews and see the products for Nov & Dec 2015 box, here’s the link.