There is no denying that Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. From brain development to heart health to beauty, its benefits are endless. It is also one of the regularly cooked dishes in my house and has helped my husband shed good 15 pounds in last 2 months. My dearest hubby, who has lately found his love in cooking some of the tastiest meats ever, has invented this extremely easy, colorful and delicious recipe exploding with Indian flavors.
This spicy dish is also for the time when friends or family shows up at a short notice, the ingredients are simple and can mostly be found in your neighborhood grocery store. It absolutely couldn’t be simpler than throwing a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, mix it with lemon juice, marinate for 30 minutes while your guests sip on red wine! Just start cooking for 10-15 minutes before eating and serve with colorful veggies such as steamed broccoli or grilled veggies to balance out the heat of the fish and you are all set to impress your guests.
If you do not have red chilly powder on hand then you can simply substitute it with crushed red chilly or chopped green chilies as per your taste. Also, if you cannot handle too much of heat then simply avoid adding the chilly powder to the recipe. Also, you can substitute fish masala with any regular curry powder.
First, get all your ingredients ready and mix it in a bowl with lemon juice and make a thick paste.
Apply the paste on the fish evenly. Marinating the fish should not be skipped as is the most important part of the process, it allows the fish to absorb all the flavors.
Add butter to the pan and let it melt and carefully add fish to it. Cook for 5-10 minutes until golden brown and your dish is ready.
Below is the printable version of the recipe, Spicy & Super Easy Masala Salmon –
- 1 piece salmon
- 2 tsp. red chilly powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. fish masala or garam masala or curry powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- - In a small bowl mix all the ingredients except salmon and make a thick paste.
- - Make slits on the sides of the fish depending on its thickness and rub the paste evenly on both the sides of the fish.
- - Marinate and keep it in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
- - Heat a non-stick pan and add 2-4 tsp. butter.
- - Gently add fish into the pan.
- - Add 1-2 tbsp. water in the pan. Add more water if you need more gravy.
- - Wait for a few minutes before turning the fish to the other side.
- - Cover the lid and cook on a low flame.
- - When the fish turns golden brown remove it from the flame, it should be fully cooked in about 5-10 minutes maximum.
- - Serve hot with a side of veggie.